Need The Best Personal Injury Lawyer Perth?
Contact our team of experts today and see why more and more people are choosing The Perth Lawyer!
While looking for the best Personal Injury Lawyer Perth you need to first determine what style of claim/ compensation you are looking for ranging from medical negligence, workers compensation, insurance contract disputes, car vehicle accident, workcover, public liability claims and product liability claims.
These listed are jaw a few of the more common claims that go through the West Australian legal system each year and is not restricted to these, nearly all instances of injury have the ability to be claimed, its up to you to decide if you want to.
It's also a well known fact that hiring a lawyer for any assistance can be timely and very costly, this is why here at the Perth Lawyer we offer a 'No Win, No Fee' agreement with all our personal injury customer matters.
This means if you are looking at claiming from a range of compensation benefits such as medical care, rehabilitation or disability compensation there will be no cost to you if we don't win your case!
Claims throughout all of Australia during 2015-2016 for workers compensation were just over 100,000 while the amount of money paid out for these claims also increased 30%.
Our people know victims who have been injured at no fault of their own should have easy access to the best legal advice along with lawyers that will fight their case and demand the pay out you deserve. Need a Personal Injury Lawyer Perth, contact us today!
Want A No Win, No Fee Lawyer?
Are you looking at making a personal injury compensation claim in Western Australia? Let us do all the work for you and find the perfect match for your specific needs whether that be for a motor vehicle, workers compensation, criminal injury, total & permanently disabled or public liability claims!
What Types Of Personal Injury We Cover
About Personal Injury Lawyer Perth
Within personal injury law there are many different types of cases that a Personal Injury Lawyer Perth might have to deal with. Some of the more common ones being animal bites, boating accidents, construction/workplace accidents, medical negligence, nursing home abuse and motorcycle accidents. Those who specialise in this area will handle a case from its inception right through to settlement and payout of a client.
For those who have suffered injury, stress or anxiety as the victim of any personal injury, its important to act within a reasonable time limit as restrictions may apply for when a claim can be made. It is because of this that we make it a priority to ensure the best outcome for each and every one of our clients. From our experience the average claim can take between 1-2 years to resolve from start to finish while more complex matters can take a considerable amount of more time. This is why its important to retain as much information as possible and start the process sooner rather than later.
While its entirely possible to make a claim without going to court (out of court settlement) which is usually a preferred method as it reduces the time and cost required. You are capable on taking an insurer or company to court and with proof and demand compensation. This compensation can be due to medical/ professional expenses, damage/loss of property, financial or earning loss,and physical/ psychological pain.
One of the most common types of injury in Western Australia is fatigue and strain while one of most common personal injury that is claimed for compensation is those caused by a motor vehicle. These injuries are sustained during work therefore they can still provide compensation even when you are slightly at fault. The legal reasons behind this become complicated when determining how much a person is at fault but the fact still remains. Contact the Personal Injury Lawyer Perth today!
The Perth Lawyer Can Help You
Not only is our advice free and confidential but with a bit of information either over the phone or through email we can determine if your claim can be 100% risk free! We understand that for may people in need of a personal injury lawyer you can be in a compromising time of your life and may have limited access to mobility which is why we provide easy to access lawyers within the Perth region that can even come to you!
How are we No Win, No Fee? Sometimes the insurance company's are required to pay a portion of your legal fees just for fighting a case. This only requires you to pay the remaining costs only from any money gained as a pay out to a personal injury claim! Our costs are always up front and we always are transparent with our clients about the matter we are working on together. We believe with confidentially in mind this is the best way to work along side you and your case.
Many of our clients require a range of compensation from injury which includes public liability insurance claims, road accidents, medical negligence and workers compensation. It is because of this that we let you come to us to prove our worth to you as we understand personal injury industry has earned itself a bad reputation over the past few years.
In Western Australia (In 2017) the total number of paid claims were just over 3,300. We believe that if you go through us we can add you to this figure and will do our best to get you the best compensation possible. Did you know, our lawyers help you from start to finish and help claim for all levels of compensation applicable! Get in touch with the Personal Injury Lawyer Perth today!
What Other Areas Do We Cover?
Not looking for compensation from an accident at work? Here are some other legal areas our lawyers work with:
- Family Lawyer Perth: Are you looking for a family lawyer in Perth that understands your situation? Our Lawyers have dealt with many people in situations just like yours and are here to help. Did you know in Western Australia one in four women have experienced physical or sexual abuse from a current or past partner.
- Commercial Lawyer Perth: Starting a business is tough, especially when its your first time. We talk you through the basics and offer industry specific documents to help you start up like a pro, no more waiting around and worrying about the requirements of your legal documents.
- Property Lawyer Perth: Boarder disputes are a major cause for concern, having good neighbours that are on your side can make life much easier. Get to know your rights that are specific to your suburb.
- Criminal Lawyer Perth: Need to pay a fine or support with a case in the magistrates court? It's important to us you receive the quality results you deserve, fast!
Have You Been Injured On The Road Or At Work?
73% of all personal injury claims are either work or motor vehicle related injuries and the majority of these are due to physical ill health. As such, approximately 1.3 million Australians over the age of 15 years experience some type of personal injury problem each and every year. It is because of these staggering numbers that it's important that the Perth Lawyer covers every and all aspect related to the process of understanding and filing a claim.
So, What Is The Personal Injury Claim Process?
1. Identify The Injury
Believe it or not, many people don't realise that after an incident has occurred they have been involved in a personal injury related claim. Usually that being due to the non life threatening nature of the injury. For example back, neck and knee pains due to a repetitive or demanding jobs can have long lasting effects on the body's joints. These injury's can begin to happen overtime until one day something pulls, tears or slips and you're off for the day, unknown to you at the time that your body with never fully recover to it's former self. This is where it's important for you to put in the effort and seek professional help, usually from a doctor, to determine if the damage is long lasting or will pass. So be proactive as there i a statutory of limitations in regards to some personal injury compensation claims.
2. Seek Legal Advice
Once you know you want to go down the personal injury claim path then the bests thing you can do is seek legal advice. The great news here is this area of law has a lot of settlements out of court and can be very profitable if you have a solid case to work with . Because of this many firms will offer a "No Win, No Fee", where you only have legal costs if you are paid out. This pay out will usually be between 33-40% which, if your paid out $100,000 can very quickly be profitable for the lawyers involved if it doesn't go to court. The one thing to take into consideration is the political game you will now be playing, where by making a claim, you will be negatively affecting your career options. This usually isn't a problem but if you become known as a whistle blower or burden then it can be hard for you to progress in your field.
There are different ways to go about claiming compensation as the process varies depending on what personal injury you're claiming. So lets break down the list:
- Personal Injury Claim - Speaking to a lawyer will allow them to determine if your case is worth fighting for based off the given circumstances. If they see it as a viable case to pursue your next step would be to build on the case at hand. This is where the skills of a lawyer will come into play and can help emphasise the important details of the incident. It is at this time that you collect all valid documents such as doctors notes, work certificates, video footage etc. One thing you'll need to remember is that these cases can drag on for a very long period of time (sometimes 3-10 years!) so don't be surprised if it seems take forever. The next step is negotiation, the good news here is that if a lawyer has picked up your case, with a no win, no fee, then they expect it to be winnable. Knowing what to say and how to manipulate the conversation/ negotiations in your favour is the benefit of a good Western Australian lawyer. No one really wants a long drawn out legal battle that goes to court which is why over 90% of all personal injury compensation claims are settled out of court for sometimes upwards of 4 times your original insurance offer (Around $70,000 on average).
- Motor Vehicle Claim - This process is relatively straight forward when it comes to making a claim when involved in a motor vehicle incident. You first need to visit the Insurance Commission Of Western Australia (ICWA) website (We very highly recommend looking few the website to further understand everything that is involved with making a claim as it goes into great detail). It will then direct you to make a claim on the Online Crash Reporting Facility (CrashReport) website. As long as you meet the requirements such as not being at fault or only being partially at fault for an incident that you or someone you depend upon were involved in (Either was a driver, passenger, pedestrian or cyclist) then you will be able to make a claim.
- Public Liability Claims - These can sometimes be much harder to prove fault/ negligence resulting in a variety of injuries so make sure you're thorough with your documentation, time keeping, proof and witness's. These types of claims include any area that the public has access to including private businesses as they operate open to the public. For example public pools, parks, leisure centers, shopping centers, food poisoning and recreational sporting injuries. This list is almost endless as it can include so many different places but if you're unsure speak to a lawyer. One thing to keep in mind is if you decide to make a public liability claim, depending on where an injury has occurred, you might end up claiming against a local government. These types of claims can be difficult in a variety of aspects to our recommendation would be to obtain proof of injury/ negligence through either photo or video, get witness contact information and seek legal assistance sooner rather than later.
- Work Related Injuries/ Workers Compensation - This claim is specifically in relation to those who are injured during the course of their employment. One thing to note is that in Western Australia, generally, travel too and from work isn't covered by this form of compensation unless you have been specifically instructed and your journey is related to work you are currently doing (Such as being instructed to pick something up). When most people think about workers compensation their mind goes to an injury such as a broken bone, back problem or a physical trauma of some kind. While this does make up a majority percentage of claims, there are other types of injuries such as diseases causes by or exasperated by work, injuries while traveling for work (Not too work) etc. Note: the injury management system is different in all states, Western Australia has what's called Work Cover. There are two types of claims you can make in WA with the first being statutory compensation claims (Meaning no fault needs to be established and you will have the support needed) and the second being common law compensation (Meaning either fault or negligence needs to be found on behalf of the employer). Both of these quickly get very in depth and cover a wide variety of issues so it is highly recommended you go through the work cover WA website.
- Other Related Injuries - These are the more serious type of injuries where serious hard or death has occurred and the injury is not on the person who was directly injured but those who they supported. If you are a dependent on someone who has been seriously injured or died due to a work related or motor vehicle incident then you are eligible for compensation. If a driver was found at fault for causing the death then you are able to sue the ICWA for compensation.
- Total & Permanent Disability Claim (TPD) - TPD is usually claimed when a person becomes permanently disabled due to injury. Usually your superannuation fund will cover this sort of claim and can usually cover anywhere between $10,000 - $120,000. These numbers can increase if you purchase extra insurance cover.
- Important Note -
ThePerthLawyer does its best to provide accurate and up to date information for those living in Western Australia. Please continue to research these topics from a variety of sources to ensure you are provided with the best information possible. If you have any questions or notice any mistakes we encourage you to let us know!
Over 90% of payouts happen outside of court which is why your lawyer also counts as a negotiator that knows exactly what your claim is worth and what it can pay you out. If not, then the case will move onto the next step, proceeding to trial.
This is where all your good document and time management come into play. You will want to provide a judge with as many relevant documents as possible from doctors notes and medical needs to witnesses and evidence. A good lawyer will ensure you have all these documents ready to go before court to ensure the best possible chance of the outcome you're looking for.
What Am I Allowed To Claim?
This is where, depending on your situation that is specific to you and your age and other factors will directly effect how much you will be paid out. Here is the list as of December 2019 of generic payout:
Motor Vehicle Incident -
What Is Covered?
Hospital Emergency Treatment
Household Support Services
Inability To Work Compensation
Covered (YOUR weekly wages, up too 3x the WA average)
Pain And Suffering
If injuries exceed a certain assessed level then maximum claim is $425,000
Funeral & Headstone expense (Upwards of $10,000) + Loss of financial benefit + Loss of services by the deceased.
Catastrophic Injury Support
WorkCover WA Website
Are you looking for the Work Cover WA Workers' Compensation Claim Form? Here is the fillable link!
What Is Covered?
Loss Of Wages (Compensation)
Specific To Each Person
("The maximum weekly amount is set at twice the ‘average weekly earnings’ as calculated by the Australian Bureau of Statistics and this amount is reviewed each year")
Noise Induced Hearing Loss (Prerequisites)
10% Hearing Loss = $5,000 - $15,000
20% Hearing Loss = $15,000 - $30,000
Industrial Diseases (Related Diseases)
"Given the complex nature of asbestos related workers’ compensation claims it is recommended workers obtain legal representation."
Workplace Fatality Entitlements:
Lump Sum Payable To Dependents
Child's Allowance (Per Week)1
$570,768 Lump Sum
$135 Per Week
$9,903 Funeral Expenses
We do our best to keep these numbers updated and correct but we might miss an update, please check out the WA Work Cover website for the most recent updates and news.
Recent Blog Posts
Need The Best Family Lawyer Perth?
Contact our team of experts today and see why more and more people are choosing The Perth Lawyer!
Ready To Get Started?
Simply fill out the form below and someone will be in contact with you within 24 hours